[Graph-dev] Chart::Graph::Gnuplot example problems

Greg Bell gregbell at znet.com
Fri Apr 23 19:07:33 PDT 2004

Hi,

On a RHEL 3.0 system (Perl 5.8.0), the first example listed at:

http://search.cpan.org/~caidaperl/Chart-Graph-2.0/Graph/Gnuplot.pm

Has a few problems.

I'm trying to make the program self-contained, though I realized its just
an example.  First, $date isn't defined.  Even with this line removed, I
get:

Data set must be an array at ./demo line 5

To get rid of this, I have to get rid of all the non-hash and non-array
items that are in the example, eg:

           "xdata" => "time",
           "format" => ["x", "%m/%d"],
           "timefmt"=> $date_format,
           "extra_opts" => "set key left top Left",

I can send before/after code, but I know lists don't like attachments.

~gb

--
Greg Bell 858-755-1915    (try gbell_spamless at yahoo.com if mail to me bounces)