[Graph-dev] Re: Chart::Graph::Gnuplot example problems

David Moore dmoore at caida.org
Sun Apr 25 14:07:36 PDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 06:07:33PM -0700, Greg Bell wrote:
> On a RHEL 3.0 system (Perl 5.8.0), the first example listed at:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~caidaperl/Chart-Graph-2.0/Graph/Gnuplot.pm
>
> Has a few problems.

Yeah, some of the examples have problems (and certainly aren't
complete by themselves).  I'll try to move updating them and getting
a new release up on the priority list some.  We have a lot of internal
updates to the code since the last release.

> I'm trying to make the program self-contained, though I realized its just
> an example.  First, $date isn't defined.  Even with this line removed, I
> get:
>
> Data set must be an array at ./demo line 5

I think the biggest problem with example 1 is that there is a missing
close brace and comma between the global options and the
datasets.  ie, there should be something like:

           "extra_opts" => "set key left top Left",
	  },
          [{"title" => "data1",

-- david