[kino] The story of the weeping camel

Vijay Samalam samalam at sdsc.edu
Wed Mar 2 14:33:37 PST 2005

As  you all know I have been renting a lot of movies. One of the most
interesting movies I saw was a Mongolian film, " The story of the
weeping camel". The best way to describe it is as a very well done,
genuinely interesting, National Geographic special. What amazes me is
how they got the camels to cooperate to do all the things they do in
the film. I recommend it very highly.

I am sufficiently secure in my male sexuality to proclaim that I loved
the Notebook. I cried, I laughed, I sniffled etc. But honestly even
though it is blatantly sentimental, it is extremely well done, it has
real plot, character, and gorgeous photography, and it does a wonderful
job of evoking 1940s America. Highly recommended.

Vijay Samalam

Executive Director

San Diego Supercomputer Center

University of California, San Diego