[Graph-dev] Chart-Graph-2.0 - gnuplot question

Octavi Fors ofors at am.ub.es
Tue Jan 4 23:46:04 PST 2005

Hi,

this is the kind of gnuplot script I normally use for generating a
multiplot in batch mode:

set terminal png
set output "output.png"
set noclip points
set clip one
set noclip two
set data style lines
set nokey
set notime
set offsets 0, 0, 0, 0
set multiplot
set size
set origin
set xtics
set ytics
set xrange [49643.9961 : 50987.9961]
set yrange [148.5 : 4211.9]
set noxtics
set size 0.90,0.60
set origin 0.05,0.35
set tmargin  1
set bmargin  0
set lmargin  5
set rmargin  1
plot "20.DAT","21.DAT"
set size 0.90,0.20
set origin 0.05,0.15
set tmargin  0
set bmargin  0
set lmargin  5
set rmargin  1
set xtics
set yrange [ -746.312988 : 616.65625]
plot "RES.DAT"
set nomultiplot

Now I'm trying to integrate this into Perl by making use of use
Chart::Graph::Gnuplot qw(gnuplot) Note that xrange and yrange numbers are
data dependent so it is convenient to use Perl for calculating them inside
the script.
My problem is that the documentation in
http://search.cpan.org/~caidaperl/Chart-Graph-2.0/Graph/Gnuplot.pm doesn't
say anything about using

gnuplot(\%global_options, [\%data_set_options, \@matrix],
                           [\%data_set_options, \@x_column, \@y_column],
                           [\%data_set_options, < filename >], ... );

with multiplot mode.

Please could you help me someway in this?

Thanks in advance,

--

Octavi Fors

Astronomy Department