[Coral-dev] \Re help data collection

Ken Keys kkeys at caida.org
Tue Jan 30 10:53:18 PST 2007

Endace (http://www.endace.com/) makes several cards capable of
monitoring 10 GB ethernet.  At CAIDA we use the DAG 6.2SE card.
CoralReef can read directly from the DAG device, or from a file
written by dagsnap (the capture app that comes with the DAG software).
If CoralReef's crl_to_pcap with the desired options does not perform
well enough on a live DAG device, you can capture with dagsnap and
then run crl_to_pcap on the file to strip extra payload.