[rr-fs] Re: [Irtf-rr] New subgroup being formed

Dmitri Krioukov dima at caida.org
Mon Mar 8 19:38:54 PST 2004

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 10:14:50AM +0900, avri at psg.com wrote:
> Those who wish to comment are welcome to do so either on
> the list or privately to Dima and/or me, as they wish.

Things that came to mind reading the charter:

1) Goal 3 - In addition to documenting the selected algorithms perhaps
   a draft/section that pulls together why the other algorithim that were
   considered were not selected.

2) Goal 2 - construction of realistic ("explanatory") Internet topology
   evolution models (topology generators) - is this looking at things at the
   AS level, for purposes of generalizing the building blocks that make
   up the Internet or something else?

3) Will there be any consideration to the policy aspects of routing
   currently in use? The policy needs certainly seem to affect message
   size,routing table absolute size in terms of memory usage and
   computational power.

4) Is this strictly for EGP type protocols or will you be looking at IGP's
   as well?  If just EGP types will you be looking at the uses of the EGP
   as an IGP or its interaction with an IGP as a criteria.

Not sure all this is in line with what you were thinking but its what
I was wonder while reading the new charter.

Brad