[Scamper-dev] scamper notes draft 2

Bradley Huffaker bhuffake at caida.org
Thu May 20 12:30:17 PDT 2004

Figured it would help if I described my understanding of Scamper Processes
a little further.

    Process		    Starting Code
Monitor Processes
    Prober		    ( Current Scamper)
	Handles the recieving and sending of network packets.
	Writes out data to disk
    List Manager	    ( Young's List Manager)
	Handles the list creation, cycle state, and mixing of lists
    Data Server		    ( skdatad )
	Provides a service to download the dataset and switch Prober
	to new output file.

Archive Processes
    Data Client		    ( skcollectd )
	Pulls the Data Server to download the files from the monitor
	and stores them in a local temporary file.
    Data Sorter		    ( sksorter )
	Process Data Objects in temporary files and moves them to
	their final location on disk.

--
Bradley Huffaker        Terrorism is the price of Liberty
CAIDA/SDSC/UCSD         Tyranny   is the price of Security