[Scamper-dev] skitter/scamper API

David Moore dmoore at caida.org
Fri Jun 20 17:27:30 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 08:56:56AM +1200, Matthew Luckie wrote:
> > So it would be good to have some sort of common API to read files
> > written by skitter and scamper.
>
> the last time i wrote C++ was about 4 years ago.

I'm actually quite happy with just a C api.  Turn every foo.bar(...)
into bar(foo, ...) and we're on our way? I guess the only problem
there is that I guess I was depending on class hierarchy and virtual
functions to make the accessor functions on different file types
work nicely.  So maybe it is still better to go the C++ way.

> if you supply the header files describing the interfaces, i can implement
> them.

I'm trying to drum up some discussion on what interface people
might prefer.  And opinions on which C, object C++, STL-ish flavors
it should take.

-- david