[Graph-dev] Parse xmgrace project file options in Perl

Luke Goodsell l.goodsell at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 30 05:41:05 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'd like to be able to read in an xmgrace project file (with both options
and data), modify the options depending on the data and then write the file
back out in Perl. I found the Chart::Graph::Xmgrace module for storing the
options and writing a valid file but I couldn't find any way to parse an
existing xmgrace project file.

Do you know if code is already available for this?

I've searched the source code of the Chart::Graph::Xmgrace module and the
web for clues but haven't found anything yet. I also looked for a
searchable archive of this mailinglist without success.

Many thanks,
Luke