[Graph-dev] setting different format for X and Y axis

Britt Houser houser at cisco.com
Mon May 21 03:55:36 PDT 2007

I have a need to set both the X and Y axis formats.  From my read off
the  code, this doesn't appear to be supported.  This is the lines I'm
referring to:

        # The only time related Gnuplot code that doesn't need to be
        # output first.
        if ($key eq "format") {
            if (defined($value)) {
                if(ref($value) eq "ARRAY") {
                    # Print value supplying quotes for time format.
                    print $handle "set $key ", $$value[0]," \"",
                        $$value[1], "\" \n";
                } else {
                    carp "Invalid setting for format option";
                }
            }
        }

So only the first two elements in the array are considered.  Is there
another way I'm missing to get multiple format statements entered?
Seems like if it were changed to:

        # The only time related Gnuplot code that doesn't need to be
        # output first.
        if ($key eq "format") {
            if (defined($value)) {
                if(ref($value) eq "ARRAY") {
                 for {my $j=1;$j <=$#$value;$j+=2} {
                    my $i=$j-1;
                    # Print value supplying quotes for time format.
                    print $handle "set $key ", $$value[$i]," \"",
                        $$value[$j], "\" \n";
                } else {
                    carp "Invalid setting for format option";
                }
            }
        }

Then you could specify multiple axis format statements like this:
	my %default_args = (

What do you think?

thx,
britt

--
...but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that
suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and