[Graph-dev] Graph re-sizeing in Graph::Chart::Xmgrace

Michael Moorhouse m.moorhouse at erasmusmc.nl
Thu Oct 16 00:20:31 PDT 2003

Hello,
I am writing a review of graphing techniques invokable from Perl and
came across the 'Xmgrace' interface.  I wish to resize the output image
I create on disk as a PNG file, but am having difficulty changing the
resolution from the default 640 x 480.
Do you have a patch or a hack for this?  We would like to use xmgrace
for scientific work here at EMC in numerous projects.  The alternative I
have is to hack the xmgrace1.agr project file generated by the Perl
modules using sed and re-run Grace - but this defeats the object of
using the Perl module in many ways!
I have searched for a 'page size' option but failed to find one.  I have
also tried to use the 'extra opts' functionality with no success.  I
have tried various combinations of captialisation and adding the '@'
sign associated with Grace command files, including escaping it '\@'.
The code I am currently using is:
use Chart::Graph::Xmgrace qw(xmgrace);

  xmgrace({"title" => "Absorbance Data",
  "extra opts" => {"PAGE SIZE" => "1024, 768"},
           "subtitle" => "Thanks to Scott Prahl and Gary Deschaines",
           "type of graph" => "XY graph",
           "output type" => "png",
           "output file" => "sample56_grace.png",
           "x-axis label" => "Time",
           "y-axis label" => "Relative Intensity",
       "grace output file" => "xmgrace1.agr",
          },
          [{"title" => "data",
            "options" => {
                          "fill" => { "type" => "2" },
                         },
            "data format" => "file"
           },
           "sample54.dat"
          ],
         );

Any suggestions greatfully recieved!
Thanks,
Michael M.

--
Michael Moorhouse - Post Doctoral Worker
Postbus 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam
e-mail: m.moorhouse at erasmusmc.nl
Office Phone: To be arranged!
Fax: +31 10 408 94 59
Mobile (Personal): +31 6 48 79 50 64
WWW (temp): http://biomics.ch1.fgg.eur.nl/
"And so it went. Tens of thousands of messages, hundreds of points of view.
It was not called the Net of a Million Lies for nothing.
Ravna talked with Blueshell and Greenstalk about it every day, trying to put it together, trying to decide which interpretation to believe."
- from 'A Fire Upon the Deep' by Vernor Vinge, copyright 1992.