[Graph-dev] trouble doing XY scatter plot with Chart::Graph::Xmgrace

Thomas Yengst yengst@mac.com
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 13:52:49 -0800

I've tried to do a simple scatter plot (with no lines connecting
points), but I still get default dataset characteristics. I've used
xmgr and grace for many years, and looking at the agr file that was
generated didn't seem to have any of the dataset specific attributes,
like @s0 ...

So here's what I did. Arguably the syntax with Chart::Graph::Xmgrace is
complex, but I don't see why it doesn't work as advertised.

$global_options = { 'title' => "test chart",
                        'output file' => 'test.png',
                        "x-axis label" => "date",
                        "y-axis label" => "stuff"
                      };

$data_options = { line => { color => '4', type => '0', linestyle=>'0',
},
                      symbol => { 'symbol type' => '1', color => '4',
'fill color' => '4', },
                      fill => { color => '4', type => 0 },
                    };

xmgrace( $global_options,
          [ { 'title' => 'first dataset',
              'set presentation' => 'XY',
              'data format' => 'file',
              options => $data_options
            }, $file
          ]);

I'm using version 5.1.10 of xmgrace.

thanks for any hints you could give me. The perl module looks great - I
just wish I knew how to exploit it.

Thomas R. Yengst
310-336-1039 (work)