[Coral-dev] problems compiling coralreef

Ryan Koga coral-info at caida.org
Sun May 17 23:48:22 PDT 2009

On May 17, 2009, at 2:00 PM, João Gomes wrote:

> Now, I'm getting the following error message:
>
> Coral.cc: At global scope:
> Coral.cc:8243: error: too many initializers for ‘swig_command_info’
>
> (This line is repeated several times.)
>
> Coral.cc:8243: error: too many initializers for ‘swig_command_info’
> Coral.cc: In function ‘void boot_Coral(PerlInterpreter*, CV*)’:
> Coral.cc:8408: error: ‘struct swig_command_info’ has no member named ‘wrapper’
> make[1]: *** [Coral.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/joao/coral-3.8.4/libsrc/CRL'
> make: *** [libsrc] Error 1

Oh yes.   We are using an older version of SWIG to generate code which is
incompatible with some compilers.  If you update the timestamps on the swig
files (for instance, with:  find . -name "*.swig" -exec touch {} \; ), your
version of SWIG should regenerate proper code.

Just to be safe, there are a couple other header files that we've seen some
problems with:

In libsrc/ASFinder/pat_func.cc and libsrc/CAIDA/AppPorts.lex, add
#include <cstring>

and in libsrc/CAIDA/Ruleset.h, add
#include <algorithm>
--