[Coral-dev] 'NaN' in t2_report++ of CoralReef 3.7.4

Ryan Koga coral-info at caida.org
Thu Sep 29 12:08:48 PDT 2005

Sivakumar Ramagopal wrote:

> Running t2_report++ produces graphs with 'NaN' against some applications.
> I wonder what it really means?! I'm guessing that it means a zero
> (indicating that the application was not encountered), but I'd appreciate
> someone's comments on this.

Sorry, I thought I'd answered this before, but it appears that I only
did in my mind...

RRDtool differentiates between undefined (no data given) and zero
(actual measured value).  Over time, it requires a certain proportion of
known values to actually create an average value.  When it outputs NaN,
it hasn't gotten enough data over that interval to calculate a value.

I hope this answers your question, if not, I'll try to be more timely
with my next response...
--
rkoga at caida.org (Ryan Koga)