[Coral-dev] How to analyze pcap trace?

ice ice wildicecoco at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 4 13:34:17 PDT 2004

Hi,
I want to scan through a pcap trace file which is originally recorded by
CoralReef and converted to pcap format I believe.

20020814-111000-1-anon.pcap.gz: tcpdump capture file (little-endian) -
version 2.4 (BSD/OS Cisco HDLC, capture length 48)

And I need to filter through the packets in this trace file and print in a
style feeded to another program I wrote before. I think CoralReef should
provide easy C API in parsing the header of packets. I am wondering whether
there is some simple sourcecode demonstrating how to read packet information
from a trace file?

thanks,
zs