[Coral-dev] SNAP header

Steve Bernard sbernard@gmu.edu
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:19:20 -0500

Hi Joerg,

Sounds good, but I have Fore cards. I may look into buying some of DAGs at a
later date but my 4 FORE cards are expensive to replace. Right now I'm
focused on patching 'crl_to_pcap'. The combination of the FORE limitations
and my storage requirements have conspired to make this the most realistic
solution for me right now.

Regards,

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Joerg Micheel [mailto:joerg@nlanr.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 3:35 PM
To: Steve Bernard
Cc: Coral-dev@caida.org
Subject: Re: [Coral-dev] SNAP header

Hi Steve,

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 08:56:47AM -0500, Steve Bernard wrote:
> This doesn't seem possible with CoralReef 3.5.1 and FORE 200Es. Are you
> suggesting an edit to 'crl_trace'? Or is there a method that I'm not
seeing?

That would be a feature of the Dag3.2/3.5 series of OC3c/OC12c ATM/PoS
cards. There is an internal hash table implementation on the StrongARM,
which deals with this situation. The first N cells of each AAL5 frame
can be specified, for N=1..15. The difficult part is to figure which
cell is which, when capturing with N>1, but that should be doable with
the first 2 cells.

	Joerg
--
Joerg B. Micheel			Email: <joerg@nlanr.net>