[kino] the return

Dmitri Krioukov dima at caida.org
Sun Jan 30 15:02:09 PST 2005

here is the link to the film i was talking about:
http://www.kino.com/thereturn/mainframe.html
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376968/
it's available from netflix
http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=60034097

we found it very fresh, original and even close to
being perfect, although it's unlikely it will make
to my topXXI. it won a record number of prestigious
awards including the golden lion in venice. it also
caused a surge of heated discussions among critics:
nastia might come up with a summary at some day :)

the main point about the film is its stunning
cinematography supported by a story appearing
extremely laconic on the surface, but infiltrated
with a peculiar architectonics of references at
multiple levels of detectability, the film admits
an infinite number of interpretations of varying
complexity..
--
dima.
http://www.caida.org/~dima/